India is a country who loves to indulge in fried food and especially when it comes to deep fried food. If it involves onions, even better. Today, we are going to give you the recipe of instant piyaaz pakora or onion balls.
In most cases you do love to eat piyaaz pakora but you have to spend a lot of time preparing for the dish, thus, you never even give it a try. One way to reduce this time is by making an onion batter and keep it in your freezer beforehand. Here is the recipe to instant piyaaz pakora.
1 cup masoor dal (lentil pulses)
1 cup arhar dal (Split pigeon peas)
½ teaspoon Kalonji or kaala jeera
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon ginger paste
2 cup onion finely chopped
A handful of coriander leaves chopped
1. First put the dal/pulses and rice together in a container. If you do not want to use two types of pulses, you can use just two cups of masoor dal. Keep rice and pulses soaked for at least two to three hours.
2. After this, take the mixture of rice and dal and blend them but do not blend then finely, let it be a coarse blend. The mixture will be slightly refined.
3. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, ginger curry, chilli, onion and coriander leaves in the paste.
4. Spread some oil in a tray. Then separately place the dal mixture in a round shape and keep this tray in deep fridge for 2 hours.
5. Take out the tray after two hours. The oil is now soaked from the tray, the onions can be picked up easily. Keep them in a box again and keep them in deep fridge.
6. Now, you can deep fry them anytime you want. Just pour a good amount of oil and let it get heated properly, then deep fry the mixture directly.
Now, you can eat onion pakoras everyday without much of a fuss.
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.