You have heard a lot about Mutton Rogan josh right? Now try Kashmiri Mutton Yakhni and you will understand why Kashmiris are the best is offering delicious food. The term 'Yakhni' is a broth made of saffron and curd and this usually forms the base of various gravies, shorbas and pulaos. Here is the recipe:
• 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
• 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1. Clean the mutton properly and out it aside. Now pour some hot water in the mutton and leave it for 5-7 mins. Then throw the water and wash the mutton once again.
2. Add some ghee in a deep bottomed pan, let it heat up. Now add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, whole red chilly and cook on low flame till the spices starts to release aroma.
3. Add the mutton, turmeric, salt and saute all the ingredients for 5-7 min on medium flame. Then lower the flame to bare minimum and covered the pan. Now let it cook till the mutton softens. If you feel the need, you can add water.
4. Whip the curd well and mix it with the mutton on low flame. Now add the powders of fennel, dry ginger, red chilly and give it a mix again.
5. Now mix saffron and milk in a cup, let it dissolve properly and then add to the pan. Stir the mutton for next 2 mins and your Kashmiri Mutton Yakhni is ready.
This can be your rich and thick side dish with pulao, bread, biriyani or even steamed rice. Have fun!
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.