We all know that we have this pretty moon as our earth’s only satellite, but besides this moon has lots interesting facts about it. Moon is just an astronomical body that orbits planet Erath, but its beauty and shine have been compared with the beauty of a human. In many poetries, you will find the description of the moon’s beauty and it is compared to a woman’s beauty.
It is also a symbol of love and beauty, and in many religions, it is worshiped like a god. Apart from all these, the moon is actually given to us for providing the natural light after sunset.
So let’s know some interesting facts about the moon that will make you think more about it.
• If Earth were the size of a basketball, the moon would be the size of a tennis ball. • The moon is about 30 Earth away from Earth.
• The moon's effect on Earth's tides is slowing down the Earth's rotation. • Each month's full moon has a different name.
• The moon likely formed 4.5 billion years ago. • It's really difficult for humans to survive on the moon. • The moon has moonquakes, similar to earthquakes.
• Earth's moon is the fifth largest moon in the solar system. • Astronauts have brought 842 pounds of moon material back to Earth. • Even though Americans landed on the moon first, they don't own any territory there.
• There will be 228 lunar eclipses in the 21st century. • The moon's diameter is roughly the same size as the width of China. • In January 2019, China landed on the far side of the moon — the first mission ever to do so.
• A 23-foot-wide replica of the moon is traveling the world.
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.