China's Sun Tzu was a military general and philosopher whose influence spread all over the world because of his powerful words. Tzu's philosophy relied on using spirituality to mitigate conflict but his wisdom can also be applied to daily life and the challenges it brings. We often feel dreary and lose hope when the going gets tough and circumstances become difficult to handle. In such a case, we can use some his insights to pick ourselves back up and face obstacles with determination. Taken from the 'The Art of War' written by him, here are a few quotations you can choose to follow so you can face life's battles without feeling defeated –
1. Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
2. He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
3. To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.
4. In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.
5.When the outlook is bright, bring it before their eyes; but tell them nothing when the situation is gloomy.
6.Plan for what it is difficult while it is easy, do what is great while it is small.
7.If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.
8. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
9. Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
10.When strong, avoid them. If of high morale, depress them. Seem humble to fill them with conceit. If at ease, exhaust them. If united, separate them. Attack their weaknesses. Emerge to their surprise.
For more interesting stories, Download the Lopscoop application
from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.