Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi is India's first proud female fighter pilot and it is a puffed up time of pride for the country. She hails from the small district of Madhya Pradesh and is an example of sheer inspiration for all of us out here, and these few little facts about her life will motivate you to stay dedicated and make a mark in this life:
1. Avani stands one of the three in the first batch of female pilots, alongside Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh, who was inducted in Indian Air Force fighter squadron on 18 June 2016.
2. She comes from Rewa district in Madhya Pradesh.
3. All of the three female fighter pilots were formally commissioned by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
4. The 24-year old woman, Avani Chaturvedi got finished with her training at Hyderabad Air Force Academy. She completed her schooling from Deoland, a small town in Shahdol district of Madhya Pradesh.
5. Avani was Born on 27 October 1993, with the identity of the daughter of Mr. Dinkar Chaturvedi, an executive engineer in Water Resource Department of M.P. government and her mother is a home maker.
6. Avani’s elder brother stands as an army officer too.
7. She finds her thrill in playing chess, table tennis and also to do sketching and painting. She was inspired by the Army officers in her family and a short flying experience of a few hours in the flying club of her college pushed her to join the IAF.
8. Avani is still left with over a year before she can be deployed for combat missions.
9. She said earlier, “Any air force is defined by its fighters. My dream is to become a good fighter pilot, on whom my seniors can rely when it comes to flying live operations. I want to fly the best fighter aircraft and learn more and more each day.”
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.