Not everyone has got a life as perfect as couples. Not everyone is lucky enough to catch hold of the person they love, the one with whom they’ve always dreamt of spending a magical life. But it’s okay, sometimes even pain has got its own essence, the pain of love can only be sweet of course, with the undercurrent of bitterness. These profound quotes on unrequited love, explains the very beauty of it:
1. "There is nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who does not share one's sentiments."― Georgette Heyer, Venetia
2. "I want him to see the flowers in my eyes and hear the songs in my hands."― Francesca Lia Block, Dangerous Angels
3. "The knowledge that she would never be loved in return acted upon her ideas as a tide acts upon cliffs."― Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey
4. "You have never loved me as I love you — never —never! Yours is not a passionate heart — your heart does not burn in a flame! You are, upon the whole, a sort of fay, or sprite — not a woman!"― Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscur
5. "Thus much and more; and yet thou lov'st me not,And never wilt! Love dwells not in our will.Nor can I blame thee, though it be my lotTo strongly, wrongly, vainly love thee still."― Lord Byron, final verse of "Love and Death"
6. "To want and not to have, sent all up her body a hardness, a hollowness, a strain. And then to want and not to have — to want and want — how that wrung the heart, and wrung it again and again!"― Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.