Bengali food is so famous for its spices and fragrance, and if you are want to try out a delicious, lip-smacking Bengali snack for your evening tea, then Dim-er Devil is the perfect snack. It is also called as Egg hop and one of the must-try Bengali kitchen dish.
In the dish, you will find the perfect combination of Bengali spices and boiled eggs. You can also surprise your family and friends with the dish by introducing it to a small get-to-gather party.
Let us now see the recipe of this Lip-smacking Bengali dish:
Ingredients For Dim-er Devil
- 2 eggs (hard boiled) - 4 medium size potatoes (boiled) - 1 onion (chopped) - 1 cup white oil - 1 green chili - 1 teaspoon of ginger & garlic paste - 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder - 1 egg (raw)- 1 tablespoon of salt - 2 tablespoons flour and cornflour - 1 teaspoon of baking soda - 1 pinch of black pepper - 1 pinch of black pepper
Steps For Preparing:
• Keep the boiled eggs separately, after cutting into four pieces. Mash the boiled potatoes and make a smooth paste.
• Take a pan, heat oil and then fry some chopped onion with ginger-garlic paste. When turn light brown, add some chopped green chilies, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, and garam masala. Mix all these spices with mashed potatoes and let them cool for 30-minutes.
• Now you need to prepare the better with one beaten egg, two tablespoon flour, and cornflour along with ½ teaspoon of salt, and baking soda and black pepper, mix water in the mixture to maintain its consistency.
• Take each piece of boiled egg, add the potato to make it look like a ball. Dip the ball into the batter and then in the breadcrumb. Now the balls are ready to go for deep frying.
Try this tasty snack with fresh salad, or mustard sauce.
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.