It has been proposed by Paris Organisers that Break-dancing that it should be included in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. So it is likely that the 2024 Olympic games would have new sport as Break dancing.
Here is everything you need to know about BREAK-DANCING…
1. Originally called as b-boying or break-boying this form of dance took birth during the late 1960s and early 1970s by African American youth.
2. The oldest known hip-hop style of dance has music as an important ingredient and hip hop songs make ideal music for the dance.
3. Afrika Bambaataa who formed the earliest dance crew The Zulu Kings says that it is not a form of dance rather he saw it as a means to an end.
4. Rock Steady Crew is another group which added innovations to the art form
5. The 4 elements strength, momentum, balance and creativity defines the dance form.
These are some of the facts about the dance form. We have to wait for the decision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to see if breaking dance will debut in the Olympics or not.
For more interesting stories, Download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.